Here you can read more about our Terms of Service and Delivery Information
Terms & Conditions
Changes to the site: We reserve the right to make changes to this site, the disclaimers and these terms and conditions at any time.
1. The owner of this web site is Rio Nuevo Chocolate (‘rionuevochocolate.com’/‘we’/‘us’/‘our’).
2. Your contract for purchases made through the Site is with rionuevochocolate.com (Rio Nuevo Chocolate).
3. You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
4. No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and rionuevochocolate.com unless and until rionuevochocolate.com accepts your order by way of an e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time rionuevochocolate.com sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail). This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by rionuevochocolate.com of your offer to buy goods from rionuevochocolate.com.
5. You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
7. You undertake that all details you provide to rionuevochocolate.com for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
8. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform rionuevochocolate.com as soon as possible.
9. You may cancel your order at any time. We can accept cancellations by email to email@example.com(link sends e-mail) or by post (please phone or email us for our address) or by telephoning during normal office hours. You may withdraw from the contract at any time after the product has been dispatched and you have received our email confirming your order but no later than 14 working days after the day after you receive the product by:
1. sending the notice of cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number; or
2. where you have already received the goods, returning the goods to rionuevochocolate.com unopened together with the original invoice. rionuevochocolate.com will refund you the purchase price of the goods. you need to return the goods within 14 days after informing us of your wish to cancel the order and return them.
10. Once rionuevochocolate.com receive notification from you that you wish to withdraw from the contract (in accordance with these terms), any sum debited to rionuevochocolate.com from your credit card in relation to your order will be re-credited to that credit card account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order provided that the goods you wish to return are received by rionuevochocolate.com in the condition that they were in when delivered to you. You will be liable for any charges incurred in returning the goods to rionuevochocolate.com.
11. This section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, rionuevochocolate.com do not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from rionuevochocolate.com’s negligence or wilful default, or that of rionuevochocolate.com’s employees, agents or subcontractors or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
12. Rionuevochocolate.com does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
13. If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event that you order an item and the price published on the Site is incorrect for any reason, we will contact you to let you know the correct price and ask you whether you still wish us to fulfil your order at this price. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price. We shall give you the option of confirming the order at the correct price or if you so choose, to cancel the order altogether. If you cancel and have already paid for the goods in the circumstances described in this clause, we shall refund the full amount in accordance with these Terms.
14. Rionuevochocolate.com will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as POSSIBLE after being notified of them.
15. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RIONUEVOCHOCOLATE.COM IS PROVIDING THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN ‘AS IS’ BASIS AND MAKES NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN THIS SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, THERAWCHOCOLATECOMPANY.COM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
16. You and rionuevochocolate.com will only be liable under these Terms for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
17. Accordingly, rionuevochocolate.com do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Site or for any products or services purchased from rionuevochocolate.com.
Processing of orders
18. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) and shipping unless otherwise stated.
19. Rionuevochocolate.com aims to arrange shipment of all ‘in stock’ items
within 72 hours of receiving your order.
20. Our standard Returns Policy applies to all purchases from rionuevochocolate.com.
21. The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation. Please note that your goods may be sent to you in instalments. You may cancel your entire order with us if subsequent instalments forming part of your order are not delivered by us.
22. Any product ordered will pass to you once rionuevochocolate.com has received payment in full for that product. Risk in any product ordered will pass upon delivery to you.
23. We only ship to addresses in the United Kingdom.
24. For Christmas Deliveries, we recommend that you order by the 10th December. We will endeavour to dispatch all ‘in stock’ orders within 72 hours, however we cannot guarantee delivery on or before the 24th December as the post may be delayed in your area.
25. We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
26. We shall have no liability (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks and equipment.
27. No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
28. You may not permit, create unauthorized framing of, or deep linking to, the Site or the creation of derivative works thereof from any other website under your management or control.
29. In these Terms, ‘Intellectual Property Rights’ means patents, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, together with the right to apply for the protection of any such rights. All Intellectual Property Rights in the Site shall be owned by us absolutely.
30. Subject to the licence granted to you to use the Site, rionuevochocolate.com reserves all rights, title and interest in its Intellectual Property Rights in the Site. Any goodwill accruing from use of rionuevochocolate.com and its affiliates’ trade marks, trade and business names and service marks under this Agreement will vest in rionuevochocolate.com and its affiliates, as appropriate.
31. It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
32. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and to suspend or terminate your access to the Site immediately and without notice to you if:
1. you fail to make any payment to us when due;
2. you breach the terms of this Agreement (repeatedly or otherwise);
3. when requested by us to do so, you fail to provide us within a reasonable time with sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity;
4. we suspect you have engaged, or about to engage, or have in any way been involved, in fraudulent or illegal activity on the Site.
33. Rionuevochocolate.com may amend these Terms from time to time, and place the new version on the Site. For users purchasing goods or registering on the Site for the first time, all purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new terms. Otherwise, such changes will be effective against existing users thirty days following posting of the amended version on the Site. Your continued use of the Site following rionuevochocolate.com posting of any changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes.
34. These Terms supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between rionuevochocolate.com and you relating to your purchase. Rionuevochocolate.com advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by rionuevochocolate.com. We will store a copy of the contract entered into by you with rionuevochocolate.com. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) fully all information on this website.
35. If any provision of these Terms shall be held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining parts of these Terms and the remainder of the affected provision shall be unaffected.
36. These Terms are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of the United Kingdom.
Delivery of your goods will be done via our chosen carrier first class. We anticipate that this will be completed between 3-5 days of purchase for UK.
If for some reason this is not possible we will let you know asap and communicate clearly the expected delivery dates.
- Orders received Monday-Thursday will be dispatched the following day.
- Orders received on a Friday will be dispatched on a Monday
- Orders for items placed over a weekend will be dispatched the following Monday. Orders placed over a Bank Holiday weekend will be dispatched the following working day.
Our delivery charges are based on weight:
For orders in the UK:
Up to 160g = £1.85
161g to 320g = £2.50
321g to 550g = £3.50
Orders over £55 = Free P&P
This policy outlines how we may use the personal and behavioural information we hold about you and how you can access, change or delete your personal information.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website comply’s to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
We are not aware of, nor do we store your financial details (such as debit or credit card information) at any stage during the transaction process, nor do we, or will we ever, share any of our customers’ details with any third parties.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/19OIsj9).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.